In June of 2016 Kingswood Community Center will be commemorating 70 years of service to the community. The story of it’s beginning dates back to 1946 when a group of neighborhood residents asked the Kingswood United Methodist Church to open its doors to local youth for After School Activities. Like today, families were interested in diverting our young people from idle time by giving them opportunities for organized recreation. By 1956 the programs had outgrown the original church space at 14th and Claymont streets. With funding support from local foundation and philanthropists, a few facility, The Kingswood Community Center was erected at the current location, 2300 Bowers Street.
We are very proud of 70 years of dedicated service. We look forward to being an aid to and partnering with the community for many more years to come!